The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Doctoral Candidate in the field of History
(Histoire transnationale luxembourgeoise)
- Ref. F3R-IPS-PFN-15LDYN
- Full-time, 40 hrs/week
- Fixed term contract: 14months (extendable to 36 months)
- Student status /36 months PhD studies
The successful candidate will be based in the Identités, Politiques, Sociétés et Espaces research unit (IPSE), working within the Institute of History. Under the direction of Prof. Dr. Michel Pauly, the candidate will have the opportunity of completing a doctoral thesis in the area of Medieval European History in the frame of the CORE-project LUXDYNAST: “The Europe of the Luxembourg Dynasty. Governance, Delegation and Participation between Region and Empire (1308-1437)”.
- Completing a doctoral thesis on “The Duchy of Luxembourg under ‘foreign’ governance (1346-1437)“ (see appendix
- Participation in the IPSE Doctoral Schoo
- Preparation of scholarly publications (conference papers, articles, etc.) in connection with the research are
- Occasional assistance in the organisation of seminars, conferences, and other research-related event
- Possibility of limited teaching in the Bachelor en Cultures européennes
Prof. Dr. Michel Pauly
- Master’s degree in History; candidates with a master thesis in medieval urban or social history will be favoured.
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in German and French. Proficiency in Luxembourgish and/or English would be an advantage
- Doctoral thesis written in German or French
- Attractive salary
- A supportive academic communit
- Personal work space at the Universit
- A vibrant multicultural environment
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of publications if applicable);
- Copy of diplomas
- Full transcripts of previous degrees
- The names and contact details of two referees
The successful candidate should be able to take up the position by 1st December 2015 or as soon as possible.
Please apply online (in English, French or German) by 15 November 2015.
Application Deadline : 15 November 2015
Doctoral candidate in the field of History : PDF
۳,۹۰۵ بازدید کل, ۳۶ بازدید امروز